Thursday, September 23, 2010

Two different dreams



After I read the poem called A House of my own and Saturday at Canal, I actually felt like I was in there because how they explain their feelings, I can relate to them. This poems shows how a female who wanted to have a peace and quiet place of her own and two teens who seems lived same routine everyday without having the dream of being a real American teenagers and they wanted to get out of town feelings was expressed into poem. 
A House of my own explains about a female, who seems to be a very independent, I can also feel that a guy has abused her for a long time. I believed she does not like when men has a power to be the man of the house because of her history
Now she’s someone who seems very happy to have the things of her own without argument or worries. She has some peace that she wanted where she can start feeling inspiring to start writing poem.
Saturday at Canal, I loved how this poem takes the reader into the boredom of addolesonce without losing their interest. At age 17 or any teen years is suppose to be a fun and memorable memories to look back and tell your future kids how fun your life used to be, many teens tends to go through all kind of phrases. This poem shows two teen boys who are not happy where they are.  Those teens are bored with their daily routine life; nothing excited or has nothing to look forward to the next dat. They dreamed to go to a better place. “Our eyes followed the water, white-tipped but dark underneath, racing out of town” it means their true selves remain dark who wanted to get out to enjoy life as a teenager.
I can relate a little bit to each poem, I’m a female who loves the idea of having a house of my own, have some peace for myself. I’m very independent who do not like to be ordered or have any man or daddies to get in charged of the house. When I was younger, I thought I was going to go crazy with same routine every single day; I don’t like the idea of not knowing what I’m doing next like I have no goals. I was ready to get out to discovered about myself, live to the fullest, and life is too short to not be wild

No comments:

Post a Comment