Monday, November 15, 2010

The setting sun and the Rolling World


I don’t really fully understand or relate to this story but this story explained about the father were trying to explain to his son, Nhamo that cultural  is combined  between the people and the land. Nhamo felt like and believes that his father have his old fashion ways  and/or over protected because the father was afraid that Nhamo will never come back home. Nhamo wanted to start a new life without his father's way. Nhamo is stubborn and thinking himself and life. Old Musoni was hoping his son wills stay his home to work and watch his farm and home after he was become older to the point where he cant work anymore. He was disappoint in his son that he want to leave home to journey to find a new life. He gave up and let him go to learn a mistake. 

I don't support the father's idea but that's because I live in this kind of culture. I understand Musoni want to keep a traditional and not allow people invade the new culture in his family but I felt like I’m rooting for Nhamos to go out and have the adventure and live differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment